Friday, September 16, 2016

Pentecost 18 - September 18, 2016

  • Organ: Allein Gott in der Höh’ sei Ehr’, BWV 662 – Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
  • Opening Hymn: 353 My God, How Endless Is Your Love
  • Psalm: 79: 1-9 (Anglican Chant)
  • Gradual Hymn: O Master, Let Me Walk with Thee (Tune: MARYTON)
1. O Master, let me walk with Thee In lowly paths of service free;
Tell me Thy secret; help me bear the strain of toil, the fret of care.
2. Help me, the slow of heart, to move by some clear winning word of love;
Teach me the wayward feet to stay, and guide them in the homeward way.
3. Teach me thy patience; still with thee in closer, dearer company,
in work that keeps faith sweet and strong, in trust that triumphs over wrong;
4. In hope that sends a shining ray far down the future’s broadening way,
in peace that only thou canst give, with thee, O Master, let me live.
  • Offertory Hymn: 533 Jesus, Lover of My Soul
  • Anthem: Like as the Hart – Vincent Novello (1781-1861)
Like as the hart desireth the waterbrooks,
So longeth my soul after Thee, O God.
Why art thou so full of heaviness, O my soul,
And why art thou so disquieted within me?
O put thy trust in God.
(Text based on Psalm 42)
  • Communion Hymn: 74 For the Bread Which You Have Broken
  • Closing Hymn: 300 Christ Is Made the Sure Foundation
  • Organ: Finale – Michael Higgins
View/download the complete September music list here »
Visit St. Barnabas website here »

No comments:

Post a Comment