Sunday, December 25, 2016

Sunday, January 1, 2016

Service Music: New Plainsong, David Hurd
  • Organ: Toccata in G Major – Théodore Dubois (1837-1924)
  • Opening Hymn: 143 Angels, from the Realms of Glory
  • Psalm: 8 (said)
  • Gradual Hymn: 158 Earth Has Many a Noble City
  • Offertory Hymn: 132 Of Eternal Love Begotten
  • Anthem: As I Walked in Bethlehem – William Henry Anderson (1882-1955)
As I walked in Bethlehem
About the break of day,
Underneath a rosy sky
The little houses lay,
And much I marvelled that the town,
Veiled in morning mist
Should seem as walled in chrysophase
And roofed with amethyst.

As I walked in Bethlehem
(And there I walked alone),
Such gladness filled my beating heart
As I had never known
Broader seemed the narrow streets
As brighter grew the day
I heard the bells of heav’n ring out
From not so far away

As I walked in Bethlehem
Before the sun was high,
A woman’s crooning voice I heard,
I heard a baby’s cry.
And glory, glory! sang my soul
The while I thought and trod
Between the lifted gates of pearl,
The golden streets of God.

-Text by Audrey Alexandra Brown
  • Communion Hymn: 146 ‘Twas in the Moon of Wintertime
  • Closing Hymn: 135 Shepherds in the Field Abiding
  • Organ: Noël Parisien, Op. 26, No. 4 – Charles Quef (1873-1931)

View/download the complete January music list here »
Visit St. Barnabas website here »

No comments:

Post a Comment