Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Fourth Sunday in Lent - 26 March 2017

Service Music: Merbecke
  • Organ: Récit de Tierce en taille – Nicolas de Grigny (1671-1703)
  • Opening Hymn: 607 Come, Let Us to the Lord Our God
  • Psalm 23: Hymn 520 The King of Love My Shepherd Is
  • Gradual Hymn: 605 Have Mercy, Lord, on Us
  • Offertory Hymn: 603 Holy Spirit, Storm of Love
  • Anthem: “Ah, Thou Poor World,” Op. 110, No. 2 – Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
Ah, thou poor world, thou cheatest me,
That I confess unfeignedly,
Yet in thee seek my pleasure.
False world, thou art but idle show,
Thy splendour fades, as well I know,
Thy joys have briefest measure.
Thy wealth, thine honours manifold,
In need, in death, no comfort hold,
Thy gold is naught but tinsel gold,
Be thou, O Lord, my treasure.
  • Communion Hymn: 608 Come, You Sinners, Poor and Needy
  • Children’s Hymn
  • Closing Hymn: 507 Blest Be the Tie That Binds
  • Organ: “Jesu, meine Freude” (Jesus, My Joy), BWV 610 – J. S. Bach (1685-1750)



View/download the complete March 2017 music list here »
Visit St. Barnabas website here »
  

No comments:

Post a Comment