Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Second Sunday in Lent - 12 March 2017

Service Music: Kyrie by Herbert Austin (CP 704); Sanctus & Benedictus and Agnus Dei by Bruce E. Ford (adapted from Plainsong)
  • Organ: Chaconne in G minor – Louis Couperin (1626-1661)
  • Opening Hymn: 172 Now Let Us All with One Accord
  • Psalm 121 (metrical setting): Hymn 543 Unto the Hills around Do I Lift Up
  • Gradual Hymn: 604 Your Word, O God, a Living Sword
  • Offertory Hymn: 555 O God of Bethel, by Whose Hand
  • Anthem: God Be in My Head - Andrew Carter
God be in my head and in my understanding,
God be in mine eyes and in my looking,
God be in my mouth and in my speaking,
God be in my heart and in my thinking,
God be at mine end and at my departing. 
      – Text from Book of Hours, Sarum, 1514
  • Communion Hymn: 80 We Hail Thee Now, O Jesus
  • Closing Hymn: 551 My Faith Looks Up to Thee
  • Organ: Dialogue in D Minor – Nicolas de Grigny (1671-1703)



View/download  the complete March 2017 music list here »
Visit St. Barnabas website here »

No comments:

Post a Comment