Sunday, October 22, 2017

Twenty-first Sunday after Pentecost: "Instructed Eucharist" - October 29, 2017

Service Music: New Plainsong - David Hurd
  • Prelude: Allegro from Sonatina in G Major, Op. 44, No. 1 – Friedrich Kuhlau (1786-1832); Andantino con grazia from Sonatina in D Major, Op. 45, No. 5 – Anton André (1775-1842)(Nora Klemencic and Konrad Harley, piano)
  • Opening Hymn: 354 Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
  • Psalm 90:1-6, 13-17 (said responsively)
  • Gradual Hymn: Blessed Assurance
Blessed assurance; Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Saviour all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Saviour all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love. Refrain

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Saviour am happy and blest;
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love. Refrain
- Fanny Crosby, 1873
  • Offertory Hymn: 505 Be Thou My Vision
  • Anthem: Come, My Soul, ‘Tis Time for Waking (from Lauda Sion, Op. 73) – Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847), arr. Charles C. Hirt
  • Communion Hymn: 470 Seek Not in Distant, Ancient Hills
  • Closing Hymn: 565 Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah
  • Postlude: Andantino con moto from Sonata in C Major, Op. 67, No. 1 – Jan Ladislav Dussek (1760-1812) (Nora Klemencic and Konrad Harley, piano)

View and/or download the complete October 29/November 2017 music list pdf here »
Visit St. Barnabas website here »

No comments:

Post a Comment